The Graupner Ultra Duo Plus 60 is a computer controlled universal quick charger with an integral light-weight switch-mode mains PSU for 100-240V or 12V DC power input. This allows the charger to be used for mobile applications and also to be used when abroad.
A UK mains cable and European mains cable is included with this charger along with a JST-XH balance adaptor board (Graupner part 3065.XH) additional balance adaptor boards are also available for ThunderPower/Multiplex and Hyperion batteries.
This unit has many features, one of which is two equal-value independent or dependent (CV-link mode) charge outputs, supporting up to 180-watts output power per channel. In addition the Ultra Duo Plus 60 also features a separate 12V DC output, for powering external devices (Maximum Output 5A).
Features of this unit: -
- Graupner Balancer socket (JST-EH) for 2 × 1-7 NiCd/NiMH/LiPo/LiIo/LiFePO4 (A123) cells
- 50 memory slots for storing all your important battery parameters
- Automatic charge, discharge, capacity measurement, battery maintenance and conditioning programs for all NiMH, NiCd, LiPo, LiIo, LiFe batteries
- Very simple to operate, with clearly arranged menu structure, six buttons and a rotary knob
- Two high-contrast LCD screens (128×62mm) with blue backlighting and 21×8 characters for displaying relevant parameters or charge/discharge curves
- Charge/discharge facilities for NiMH, NiCd, LiPo, LiIo, LiMn, LiFe or Pb (lead-acid) batteries
- Delta-Peak cut-off detector for NiMH and NiCd cells with variable Delta-Peak voltage, ensuring your battery is 100% charged when you hit the field
- The Ultra Duo 60 is also capable of charging single cells and is therefore ideal for glow energizer batteries and for cell selection processes
- Charges LiPo, LiIo, LiFe and lead-acid cells using a "constant current" and "constant voltage" approach.
- Declining current curve after final charge voltage, with automatic charge termination.
- Charge processes: -
- NiCd/NiMH: Automatic, normal, linear, GMVIS, IMPULSE, REFLEX, RE-PEAK, staged charging
- LiPo/LiIo/LiFe: Automatic, CC / CV, CV-link Special charge facility for battery storage
- Balance program
- Data is retained in memory for comparing important battery data
- Lead-acid battery charge programs with optimised charge curve and discharge facility and a variable discharge current for determining battery capacity and residual capacity.
- Program for tyre heating covers (Graupner Order No. 94711) with temperature control
- Motor run-in and test features for brushed electric motors
- Protected against short-circuit, overload and reversed polarity
- Switchable buzzer and a selectable melody
- Variable safety timer
- Variable maximum charge capacity
- Selectable language: English/German/French/Italian
- Internal battery resistance display
- Individual cell voltage display for 2×2 – 7 cells in NiCd/NiMH/LiXX modes
- PC-USB interface for displaying battery curves on your computer and pack history via the Graupner UDP Manager software.
The Graupner Ultra Duo Plus 60 comes complete and ready to charge all of your batteries.
All items are shipped from the UK. To see shipping/delivery charges, simply add items to your basket and see the shipping options beneath your items. You can pay with PayPal, MasterCard or Visa. You can checkout using PayPal even if you do not have a PayPal account.
Technical Details for Graupner Ultra Duo Plus 60
|Operating Voltage DC||11-15V (40A)|
|Operating Voltage AC||100-240V|
|NiXX Charge Capacity||1-18 cells|
|LiXX Charge Capacity||1-7 cells|
|Dimensions (x,y,z in mm)||230x225x83|
|Charge Current||2 x 0.1-10A|
|Max. Balance Current||0.3A|
I purchased this unit two weeks ago and had the first oppurtunity to begin using it, this weekend.
When opened, what hits you is the size of this thing, somehow it appears bigger than the box and has a presence. My old chinese charger/balancer has now retired to the graveyard beneath the bottom shelf of the workshop!
It took a couple of minutes to get the hang of the interface, which I now find perfectly intuitive. Through this it is possible to 'program'-in your battery packs, which makes iniating a charge quite a rapid process. This unit asks for confirmation of the battery that is connected before proceeding.
A button allows toggling between each of the outputs and when beginning a charge for a battery pack it is possible to set a 'link' mode which assumes two equal packs are connected and should be charged in tandem.
The display is clear and all kinds of figures and graphs are shown during the charge/balance processes, which seem to offer a good level of detail.
The reason for the 4 out of 5 score is the fact that the main red dial on the unit feels cheap compared to the rest of the device, which is otherwise superb.
Write a review