Why stretched X? For going fast on a racetrack! The theory behind a stretched X quad is that is has a more stable pitch and quicker rolls! This is the Tokio SX, which has all the same features of the original Tokio X such as chamfered edges, injection-moulded canopy, butter mounts and camera/vtx protection but is stretched and is 220mm to accommodate this, compared with the 210mm of the standard X layout.
Should I get the X or the SX?
For general flying and park freestyle, we suggest the Tokio X is the best all-rounder and will roll and flip with the best of them. If you
mostly race around a track (impromptu drone event or otherwise!) then the SX is surely the better weapon due to it's stable pitch and snappy rolls. This frame still has all the same features as the Tokio X, so you're not missing a thing whichever way you choose to go!
Attention to details?
Look deeper at the X and the SX versions of this frame and you will see that every detail has been honed to perfection by someone with an obsession for perfection.
- Fully chamfered outside edges
- Completely flat bottom with countersunk screws to prevents the battery from getting shredded by protruding screw heads.
- Hypotensed Carbon fiber. The frames are rotated 45 degree so the carbon fibre strands run down the arms
- Antenna ports slightly below the top of the canopy to minimize damage
- Easy access to change VTX channels
- USB ports on sides of canopy
- Camera angle lock (if used with the FOXEER Arrow or RunCam Swift)
- Easy to swap battery strap
Token bullet list: -
- 220mm Stretch X frame
- 4mm fully chamfered hypotense bottom plate with countersink holes
- Thermoplastic Polyurethane Canopy
- Weight: 105g
Everything but the electronics is included.
- 4mm Stretch X Carbon fiber hypotense and outer edge chamfered bottom plate
- Ultra durable Injection Molded Semi Flexible Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU) Canopy
- 1.5mm carbon fiber battery plate
- 1.5mm VTX plate
- Canopy mounting hardware
- 4 x Butter Mounts
- 4 x M3×12 button head hex screws
- 8 x Nylon M3 hex nuts
- 4 x M3×8 nylon standoffs
- 3 x M3×8 Flat head hex screws (1 spare)
- 2 x Antenna tubes
- 2 x Antenna caps
- 1 x FlightClub velcro battery strap
Technical Details for FlightClub Tokio SX Race Frame